Distance counseling; otherwise known as teletherapy or on line counseling can be especially valuable for many individuals. Distance Counseling is completed in the form of video conference sessions using HIPPA conformed software or in the form of email sessions using HIPPA conformed email systems.
To schedule an appointmetn for distance counseling you may contact Dr. Barnes at [email protected]
Some examples of issues treated through teletherapy are, but not limited to:
- Dealing with issues that may seem to difficult to confront in a traditional face to face office setting.
- Those who are busy and do not have the time, resources, or desire to attend traditional face-to-face therapy sessions.
- On line counseling can be a great choice for those who have a therapeutic relationship with their therapist and want to continue their treatment but need to relocate within the state and can no longer drive to the office.
Benefits of Teletherapy include:
- No missing appointments on sick days or inclement weather days
- No waiting or traveling,
- Easily accessible for all,
- Less intimidating,
- Each client can request an appointment on their own terms,
- The client is in total control over their environment,
- Services are provided at the client’s comfort level and in their own environment,
- Allows clients to involve others as they see it to be beneficial.
Teletherapy may not be appropriate for those who:
- Have a diagnosis of a severe mental health disorder,
- Those with suicidal or homicidal tendencies,
- Those who do not have access to appropriate technology,
- Those who are currently in an unsafe environment