Dr. Shannon Barnes is now offering Intensive Therapy Sessions.
Intensive Therapy Sessions are structured sessions which last a minimum of two hours and can last up to four hours. Intensive Therapy sessions are designed for individuals/ families/ couples who feel the traditional one hour per week session is not beneficial.
Dr. Barnes uses a proven approach to assist couples regain trust, connection, and intimacy. This approach will also increase an over all life satisfaction, which enhances and strengthens a marriage. Dr. Barnes is the only experienced therapist who implements this proven approach. Traditional couple's counseling approaches have a much less success rate.
A consultation session can be scheduled (may be covered by insurance) to determine if this approach is the right option for you. The consultation session will last 50 minutes. You have no obligation to continue if you feel this approach is not the best fit for your needs. If needed, Dr. Barnes can recommend other experienced counselors.
Intensive Therapy Sessions are not
covered by insurance.
Intensive Therapy Sessions are provided
as a private pay service only.
The following are ideal for Intensive Therapy Sessions:
Marraige / Couple Counseling - couples who recognize that the traditional 45 minute session, which is typically all insurance allows, is not enough to work through the issues that are causing them stress in the relationship.
Co Parenting - Parents who need immediate assistance with communication, resolving differences, and making decisions for their children.
Other: In some instances, an intensive session can benefit an individual who feels the traditional 45 - 50 minute weekly session, which is typically all insurance allows, does not allow for enough time to process and build skills; therefore the 45-50 minute per week session is hindering progress.
For more information contact Dr. Barnes at [email protected] or contact our office at 770-278-9459.
How much do Intensive Sessions Cost?
- Intensive Sessions are $200 for the first two hours. Each additional hour is $80.000. Payment is provided at the time your appointment is scheduled.
- A $25 deposit will be required to hold your intensive session time.
Do I have to come weekly for intensive sessions?
- No. One of the many benefits of scheduling an intensive session is you are able to make excessively more progress in one trip to the office. Therefore you can space your trips to the office out in longer time periods without losing progress. In many cases, one intensive session is all a couple needs to regain their connection.
What about taking Breaks ?
- Structured Breaks are provided. A structured schedule of the intensive session will be provided when you schedule your appointment.
What if we/I decide the session is too long after we begin ?
- If at any time you feel you want to discontinue the session, you may do so. The remainder of the session will be rescheduled.