Ethics and Integrity of the Professional Field
6 Ethic Hours Approved by the Georgia Psychological Association
This workshop is a 6 hour workshop designed to discuss the Psychology code of ethics published by the American Psychological Association. This includes but is not limited to: roles of Psychologists; General Principles; Ethical Standards; Competence; Confidentiality and Privacy; Public Statements/Advertising; Record Keeping; Education/Training; Research; Assessment; and Therapy. This workshop will also list various documented legal cases in which ethical code was violated. Finally, the workshop will discuss personal experiences with ethical dilemmas faced by psychologists as well as other mental health professionals.
Learning Objectives Include:
- To discuss the Psychology code of ethics publilshed by the American Psychological Association
- To summarize research regarding how people justify unethical behaviors
- To discuss current statistics regarding the prevalence of unethical behaviors among Psychologists in the US
- To summarize various documented legal cases in which ethical code was violated.
- To critique personal experiences concerning ethical dilemmas faced by psychologists as well as other mental health professionals per Dr. Barnes court experiences.
Workshop begins at 9am, check in at 8:45am.
No prerequisites required.
$115 Early Registration - Until one week before
$125.00 General Registration
September 29, 2017 - (188.8.131.52)
February 09, 2018 - (184.108.40.206)
Presented by Shannon Barnes, PhD
CEU approval pending.
Individualized Balance Awarenss - The IBA Method
This workshop will review the IBA Method developed by Dr. Shannon Barnes. To learn more about the IBA method please see our Individualized Balance page.
No Available Dates At This Time.
You may purchase the manual for $9.99 here
Save your receipt for $10 off the price of the workshop
Additional workshops will be submitted for approval in the near future. Check back for details.
In the event that you need to cancel your registration at least two weeks before the date of the workshop , a refund may be given.
In the event that you need to cancel your registration within two weeks of the date of the workshop, a credit will be issued for a future workshop.